Bank Of America Building
420 Railroad Ave, Pittsburg
Tommy Ricketts

BANK OF AMERICA

THIS FIRST NATIONAL BANK BUILDING WAS DESIGNED BY E. L. NORBERG AND BUILT BY
G. H. FIELDS & CO. IN 1921. IN JANUARY 1927, THE BANK WAS PURCHASED BY LIBERTY
BANK OF SAN FRANCISCO, WHICH THEN MERGED WITH BANK OF AMERICA LOS
ANGELES LATER THE SAME DAY. THE FOLLOWING  MONTH IT WAS PURCHASED BY
THE BANK OF ITALY. IN 1930, THE BANK OF ITALY WAS CONSOLIDATED BY ITS FOUNDER,
A. P. GIANNINI WITH THE BANK OF AMERICA.
THIS BUILDING HAS BECOME A VISUAL FOCAL POINT FOR THE HISTORICAL
DISTRICT OF PITTSBURGH.

DEDICATED JULY 24, 2004
BY THE PITTSBURGH HISTORICAL SOCIETY
ADAM IRIKAT, OWNER
JOAQUIN MURRIETA CHAPTER 13
E CLAMPUS VITUS