Byron Town Plaque  
Main St.&Holway Dr, Byron  
Paul Desrosiers
Additional Info: Byron, Hot Springs, Train Wreck

BYRON
EST.1878
AT THIS LOCATION IN 1878, A RAILROAD STATION WAS ESTABLISHED FOR THE
SAN PABLO AND TULARE RAILROAD, WHICH RAN FROM LOS BANOS TO MARTINEZ,
LATER TO BECOME PART OF THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILWAY, FOR THE PURPOSE
OF  TAKING ON WATER, AND BECAME KNOWN AS THE “BY RUN.”
THIS TOWNSHIP WAS FAMOUS FOR SHIPPING MORE HAY THAN ANY OTHER STATION
IN CALIFORNIA AT THE TURN OF THE CENTURY.
DEDICATED TO THE EARLY PIONEERS AND SETTLERS OF THIS COMMUNITY.

DEDICATED SEPTEMBER 19, 1987
JOAQUIN MURRIETA CHAPTER 13
E CLAMPUS VITUS