Casino Building
101 H St., Waldie Plaza, Antioch    
Rick Johnson

CASINO BUILDING

BUILT IN 1864 BY THE GALLOWAY AND BOOBAR LUMBER COMPANY TO STORE GRAIN,
THIS STRUCTURE LOCATED IN ANTIOCH’S CHINATOWN HAS SEEN MANY USES. AFTER A
FIRE IT WAS REBUILT USING BRICK IN 1885. IN 1906 IT BACAME THE PAVILLION SKATING
RINK. FERD STAMM AND RALPH BEEDE CREATED THE COUNTRY’S FINEST MOVING
PICTURE AND VAUDVILLE HOUSE IN 1911. DURING THIS REMODELING, AN INDIAN
BURIAL GROUND WAS DISCOVERED.
PURCHASED IN 1975 BY GEORGINE SHUNK, JO COTARELO, BERNICE BARGER AND
YVONNE SNOW MUCH OF THIS BUILDING’S STRUCTURAL HISTORY HAS BEEN PRESERVED.

DEDICATED NOVEMBER 18, 6000 (1995)
JOAQUIN MURRIETA CHAPTER 13
E CLAMPUS VITUS