Christian Brothers Winery
1215 Brown St., Martinez  
Carter Wilson
Additional Info : Christian Bros. History

THE CHRISTIAN BROTHERS WINERY
IN THIS CITY, FROM 1879 TO 1932, THE 70 ACRE PARCEL OF LAND EXTENDING IN A
TRIANGLE FROM WHAT IS NOW BUSH STREET  TO PACHECO BOULEVARD TO BROWN
STREET TO ALHAMBRA CREEK WAS OWNED BY THE CHRISTIAN BROTHERS
RELIGIOUS TEACHING ORDER, FOUNDED BY SAINT JOHN BAPTIST DE LA SALLE. IT WAS
ON THIS PROPERTY THAT THE BROTHERS CONSTRUCTED THEIR NOVITIATE,
THE DE LA SALLE  INSTITUTE, AND FOUNDED WHAT WAS TO BECOME ONE OF
CALIFORNIA’S MOST FAMOUS WINERIES.

DEDICATED SEPTEMBER 20, 1992.
JOAQUIN MURRIETA CHAPTER 13
E CLAMPUS VITUS