Black Diamond
5th & Black Diamond St, Pittsburg
Rick Johnson
Additional Info : Pittsburgh, News Article

BLACK DIAMOND

IN 1860, AT THE CONFLUENCE OF THE SACRAMENTO AND SAN JOAQUIN RIVERS,
SETTLERS FOUNDED THE VILLAGE OF BLACK DIAMOND. NAMED FOR THE COAL
THAT WAS MINED IN THE MOUNT DIABLO FOOTHILLS, THE VILLAGE OF BLACK
DIAMOND FLOURISHED AS A SHIPPING PORT FOR COAL BOUND TO STOCKTON,
SACRAMENTO AND SAN FRANCISCO AND A STOPOVER FOR GOLD MINERS BOUND
FOR THE MOTHERLODE.
IN 1911, WITH THE COAL RUNNING OUT AND NEW INDUSTRIES ON THE RISE,
THE TOWN OF BLACK DIAMOND BECAME THE CITY OF PITTSBURGH.

DEDICATED SEPTEMBER 9, 6000 (1995)
JOAQUIN MURRIETA CHAPTER 13
E CLAMPUS VITUS