Dougherty Station Hotel
Donlon Way & Dublin Blvd, Dublin
Paul Desrosiers

SITE OF THE
DOUGHERTY STATION HOTEL
BUILT AT THE CROSSROADS IN 1862 BY JAMES WITT DOUGHERTY WHERE IT SERVED
TRAVELERS GOING BY STAGECOACH FROM OAKLAND TO STOCKTON AND FROM SAN JOSE
TO MARTINEZ AND SACRAMENTO. THIS AREA WAS NAMED DOUGHERTY STATION FROM 1862
UNTIL 1878, AND THE HOTEL ALTERNATED WITH THE GREEN STORE AS POST OFFICE.
JOHN BONDE OWNED AND OPERATED THE HOTEL FROM 1895 UNTIL THE EARLY 1920’S.
HENRY BEVILAQUA, CHARLIE MAYO, THE BERTOLA  FAMILY AND OTHERS OPERATED A
RESTAURANT HERE FROM THE EARLY 1920’S UNTIL DESTROYED BY FIRE ON JULY 5, 1955.
BY DHPA, ECV NO.13 & DUBLIN TECH CENTER
AUGUST 2, 1987