J.W.Kottinger's Barn
200 Ray St., Pleasanton
Gino Fambrini
Additional Info: Adobe Barn

J. W. KOTTINGER'S BARN

JOHN W. KOTTINGER (1819-1892) WAS MURRAY TOWNSHIP JUSTICE OF THE PEACE
FROM 1853 TO 1870. HIS HOME WAS THE SEAT OF JUSTICE FOR THE TOWNSHIP.
THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THIS ADOBE BARN WAS USED TO JAIL PRISONERS.
A FREQUENT VISITOR HERE WAS JOAQUIN MURRIETA. ON ONE OCCASION HE WAS
DISTRACTED BY MRS. KOTTINGER'S BOUNTIFUL TABLE ALLOWING KOTTINGER TO
MAKE A HASTY TRIP TO A SAN FRANCISCO BANK. THE BANDIT WAS DEPRIVED OF
THE PLEASURE OF RELIEVING KOTTINGER OF A LARGE GOLD DEPOSIT.

DEDICATED JULY 27, 1980
E CLAMPUS VITUS
JOAQUIN MURRIETA CHAPTER 13