Rasmussen House   
San Ramon Rd., San Ramon
Additional Info : F E Myers Co.

1914   RASMUSSEN HOUSE   1990

SITE OF THE HOME OF PETER AND WILHELMINA RASMUSSEN FROM 1914 UNTIL 1937. PETER CAME TO AMERICA FROM DENMARK IN 1871. HE WAS PART OF A WAVE OF DANISH IMMIGRANTS WHO SETTLED IN ALAMEDA COUNTY. THE HOUSE WAS A CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW BUILT ON TWENTY ACRES OF LAND PURCHASED FROM THE DOUGHERTY ESTATE. WATER WAS DIVERTED FROM AN ADJACENT STREAM BY USE OF THE MYERS PUMP WHICH HAS BEEN MOUNTED NEXT TO THIS MONUMENT. THIS PROPERTY WAS THE LAST FARM WITHIN THE CITY LIMITS OF DUBLIN.

THE COMMERCIAL CENTER ON THIS PROPERTY WAS CONSTRUCTED BY PUBLIC STORAGE INCORPORATED IN 1991.

THIS PLAQUE WAS DEDICATED ON JULY 13, 1991 BY THE DUBLIN HISTORIC PRESERVATION ASSOCIATION
AND
JOAQUIN MURRIETA CHAPTER 13, E CLAMPUS VITUS
FUNDED BY PUBLIC STORAGE INC.