Riverview Union High School
1500 W 4th St, Antioch
Jack  Brown
Additional Info : High School Building

RIVERVIEW UNION HIGH SCHOOL
THIS WAS THE FIRST HIGH SCHOOL CONSTRUCTED IN CONTRA COSTA COUNTY. SUPPORTED
BY THE WOMANS CLUB OF ANTIOCH, THE FIRST JOINT COMMUNITIES BOND WAS PASSED IN
1908 FOR $20,000 BY ANTIOCH, PITTSBURGH, SOMERSVILLE, NORTONVILLE AND LIVE OAK.
CHARLES APPLETON HOOPER DONATED UNINCORPORATED LAND FOR THE SCHOOL. THE
ELECTION OF APRIL 1 1910, APPROVED THE SITE AND ELECTED ALL NEW ANTIOCH
TRUSTEES. CONSTRUCTION BEGAN IN SEPTEMBER 1910 AND THE SCHOOL OPENED
NOVEMBER 4, 1911. ANTIOCH AND PITTSBURGH DISSOLVED THE UNION DISTRICT IN 1926.
THE LAST ANTIOCH CLASS GRADUATED IN 1931.
THE ANTIOCH HISTORICAL SOCIETY REGISTERED THIS SITE WITH THE NATIONAL REGISTER OF HISTORICAL PLACES ON OCTOBER 14, 1998.

PLAQUE DEDICATED BY JOAQUIN MURRIETA CHAPTER 13
E CLAMPUS VITUS ON NOVEMBER 4, 2000