Carter Brothers
7470 Thorton Blvd.,Newark
C.W. Jones
Additional Info : Carter Bros., SPCRR

CARTER BROTHERS

WESTERN HISTORY OWES THE CARTER BROTHERS A GREAT DEBT,
FOR THEY WERE THE GENERAL CONTRACTORS FOR THE FIRST SIX
NARROW GAUGE RAILROADS IN CALIFORNIA. FROM 1874 TO 1902 THEY
BUILT FREIGHT, PASSENGER, CABLE AND STREET CARS. THEIR PLANT
BECAME NEWARK’S FIRST INDUSTRY. THEIR CABLE CARS ARE STILL
IN OPERATION ON SAN FRANCISCO HILLS.

DEDICATED
SEPTEMBER 22, 1979
BY
JOAQUIN MURRIETA CHAPTER NO. 13
E CLAMPUS VITUS

 

Ehrman General Store
43363 Mission Blvd.  
Mission San Jose  
Phil Bartlett

EHRMAN GENERAL STORE

WITH THE DISCOVERY OF GOLD IN CALIFORNIA, THE TOWN AROUND THE MISSION SAN JOSE BECAME THE GATEWAY AND PROVISION CENTER FOR
THE 49ER ON HIS WAY TO THE SOUTHERN MINES. TO MEET THESE
DEMANDS, THE FIRM OF STRAUSS AND CO. WAS FOUNDED BY S. STRAUSS, LEON EHRMAN AND S. BACHMAN IN AN OLD ADOBE ON THIS SITE. AFTER A SUCCESSION OF PARTNERSHIPS WITH A. LEBRECHT AND BROTHER MAX ERHMAN, SOLOMON EHRMAN BUILT THIS BRICK STRUCTURE IN 1894. THE ERHMAN GENERAL STORE SERVED FOR YEARS AS THE WELLS FARGO OFFICE.

DEDICATED JULY, 18 1981
JOAQUIN MURRIETA CHAPTER 13
E CLAMPUS VITUS

FREMONT PRIMARY HISTORIC RESOURCE NO. 1926
RESTORED BY ROBERT AND PAULINE MCIVOR
NORMAN D. HALE A. I. A., ARCHITECT

 

Washington Hotel
43344 Mission Blvd.
Mission San Jose
Chuck Gavrilis

WASHINGTON HOTEL ORIGINALLY LOCATED ACROSS THE STREET AS A
TWO STORY ADOBE BUILDING. DESTRYOED BY THE 1868 EARTHQUAKE. REBUILT ON THE PRESENT SITE IN THE SAME YEAR. THE BUILDING HAS SERVED AS A HOTEL STAGE STOP, STATE LIBRARY, AND PRESENT DAY BED AND BREAKFAST INN.

DEDICATED SEPTEMBER 22, 1990
BY
MOUNTAIN CHARLIE CHAPTER 1850
AND
JOAQUIN MURRIETA CHAPTER 13
E CLAMPUS VITUS

 

Cap’n Harry Love
Mission City Memorial Park
420 N Winchester Blvd, Santa Clara
6/29/2003 Walt  Stevens and Mt Charlie Chapter 1850
Additional info : Harry Love,  News Article

LOVE

HERE LIES CAPTAIN HARRY LOVE, WHO WITH A TROOP OF TWENTY OTHERS,
ON JULY 25, 1853 ALLEGEDLY KILLED BANDITS JOAQUIN MURRIETA AND THREE FINGERED JACK NEAR ARROYO DE CANTUA, FRESNO COUNTY, CALIFORNIA. BORN IN VERMONT, LOVE FIRST VISITED CALIFORNIA AS AN ARMY EXPRESS RIDER AND EXPLORER OF THE RIO GRANDE. LOVE ARRIVED IN SAN FRANCISCO IN DECEMBER OF 1850 AND TOOK RESIDENCE IN MARIPOSA COUNTY. HE WAS COMMISSIONED AS CAPTAIN OF THE CALIFORNIA RANGERS ON MAY 28, 1853 AND IN THE FOLLOWING YEAR MARRIED MARY MCSWAIN BENNETT OF SANTA CLARA. CAPTAIN HARRY
LOVE DIED IN THE MISSION CITY ON JUNE 29, 1868 FROM A WOUND
RECEIVED IN A GUNFIGHT WITH AN EMPLOYEE OF HIS THEN
ESTRANGED WIFE.

ERECTED JUNE 29, 2003
MOUNTAIN CHARLIE #1850 & JOAQUIN MURRIETA #13
E CLAMPUS VITUS